The IPHES-CERCA holds the HR Excellence in Research mention from the European Commission, which highlights its commitment, through the HRS4R Action Plan, to good practices, transparency, and equal opportunities in all its selection processes https://www.iphes.cat/hr-excellence-research. We are pleased to consider all qualified candidates for the job, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or any other protected status under applicable state or local law, commitments made by the center through its current Equality Plan measures. Selection will be carried out, ensuring the principle of non-discrimination and the best fit between academic qualifications (specific studies) and the research activities to be carried out. IPHES is committed to an open, transparent, and merit-based recruitment (OTM-R) for any potential candidate in all our processes.
With these actions, IPHES is committed to the principles of the European Charter for Researchers and the Code of Conduct for the Recruitment of Researchers.
Here are the details of the recruitment stages:
1. Job Advertisement
- All new positions must be advertised on our website: Check the list of job openings.
- Generally, job postings are published for a minimum of 4 weeks.
- Maximum exposure will be given to the job announcement through the IPHES-CERCA website (https://www.iphes.cat/job-opportunities).
- The dissemination can be reinforced through the following means:
- Posting on the EURAXESS portal.
- Social media: Twitter, Facebook.
- IPHES-CERCA information panel.
- Dissemination via email to specific contacts related to the research community.
2. Formation of the Selection and Evaluation Committee
The committee will have a balanced composition with respect to gender whenever possible and will be comprised of personnel competent for the evaluation in question.
3. Definition of the criteria for evaluating the applications
- The criteria to be considered in the evaluation of the different received applications will be defined and provided to the selection committee in a specific document.
- Applicants must submit the following documentation: (1) A cover letter of up to one page, (2) a curriculum vitae of up to three pages maximum.
4. Personnel selection
The personnel selection process will consist of four phases:
- PHASE 1: An initial screening of the submitted CVs will be conducted, and those that do not provide the required documentation or do not meet the minimum requirements will be eliminated.
- PHASE 2: The Selection Committee will evaluate the documentation submitted by the candidates using a table, assigning a score for each criterion. The minimum score for each criterion to be evaluated will be 1, and the maximum will be 10. Subsequently, the justification for the evaluation of each criterion by each evaluator, for each of the candidates, will be documented in a specific document. The total score for each candidate will be the sum of the scores obtained for each criterion.
- PHASE 3: The selection committee will conduct personal interviews to determine the chosen candidate.
- PHASE 4: In this phase, the final score for each candidate will be calculated, which will be the result of the sum of the scores obtained from each evaluator in PHASE 2 and PHASE 3.
Once the person who will fill the job position has been selected, the Human Resources (HR) department will get in touch with them to initiate the hiring procedures.
6. Applications accepted
All individuals who have participated in the selection process will be contacted by email, informing them of the outcome of their application.
7.Data Privacy and Protection
In accordance with Organic Law 3/2018 on the Protection of Personal Data and the Guarantee of Digital Rights, all personal information received during the selection process will be treated with due confidentiality and solely for the mentioned purpose. It will be made available to the members of the selection and evaluation committee to the extent necessary for the management of the process.