Revelles López, Jordi
Phone: (+34) 607 981 734
Sponsor: Excelencia María de Maeztu (CEX2019-000945-M) - Agencia Estatal de Investigación
Jordi Revelles, PhD 2017, is a Post-doctoral researcher (JdC) in IPHES. My research is focused on the study of human-environment interaction in the frame of first farming societies and vegetation history and climate change during the Early and Middle Holocene in Western Mediterranean. For accomplishing this goal I have been trained in archaeobotany, specifically in palynology, conducting pollen and non-pollen palynomorphs analyses in several natural deposits and archaeological sites, as well as the study of sedimentary charcoal in lacustrine and peat deposits.
The interdisciplinary nature of archaeoecology (application of palaeoecological sciences in archaeology) allowed me establishing a wide network of collaboration with different fields of research (geoarcheology, botany, mycology, limnology, ecology). My collaboration in international teams enable my participation in different palaeoecological and geoarchaeological projects providing outstanding data about human impact and climate change over the Mediterranean basin during the Late Glacial and Holocene.
Current projects and research:
- Environmental impact of last volcanic eruptions in NE Iberian Peninsula. Vegetation history and climate change during the Late Glacial-Holocene transition in the area of La Garrotxa.
- Archaeopalynology in lake-side Neolithic settlements. Spatial distribution of pollen and non-pollen palynomorphs at La Draga (Banyoles, NE Iberia).
- Co-direction of archaeological excavation at La Draga (Banyoles, NE Iberia).
- Holocene landscape changes along the coast of Corsica (Saint Florent, Piantarella and Palo areas): Palaeoenvironmental evolution, vegetation history and human impact since Early Neolithic.
- Landscape reconstruction in the vicinity of Phaistos (Crete, Greece) from the Geometric period to Early Bizantine times.
- Palaeo-environmental changes and human impact in the Pego-Oliva basin (eastern coast of Iberia) during the Holocene.
To date I published 13 contributions in peer-reviewed journals + 5 under review (6 without PhD advisor, 8 as corresponding author), 8 peer review conference proceedings, 3 chapters in books and 4 monographs.
5 selected publications:
2018. Revelles, J., Burjachs, F., Piqué, R. et al. Human-environment interaction during the Mesolithic- Neolithic transition in the NE Iberian Peninsula. Vegetation history, climate change and human impact during the Early-Middle Holocene in the Eastern Pre-Pyrenees. Quaternary Science Reviews, 184, 183-200. (IF: 4.797).
2017. Revelles, J. Archaeoecology of Neolithisation. Human-environment interactions in the NE Iberian Peninsula during the Early Neolithic. Journal of Archaeological Science: Reports, 15, 437-445. (IF: 0.57).
2017. Revelles, J., Burjachs, F., Morera, N. et al. Use of space and site formation processes in a Neolithic lakeside settlement. Pollen and non-pollen palynomorphs spatial analysis in La Draga (Banyoles, NE Iberia). Journal of Archaeological Science, 81, 101-115. (IF: 3.02).
2016. Revelles, J., and van Geel, B. Human impact and ecological changes in lakeshore environments. The contribution of non-pollen palynomorphs in Lake Banyoles (NE Iberia). Review of Palaeobotany and Palynology, 232, 81-97. (IF: 1.96).
2015. Revelles, J., Cho, S., Iriarte, E. et al. Mid-Holocene vegetation history and Neolithic land-use in the Lake Banyoles area (Girona, Spain). Palaeogeography, Palaeoclimatology, Palaeoecology, 435, 70-85. (IF: 2.65).