Gender equality plan
IPHES approved his Equality of Opportunities Plan for women and men in 2018, with the following main objectives:
- Work to incorporate the principle of equal opportunities in all areas in IPHES.
- Promote a culture of gender equity among the personnel that is part of IPHES.
- Guarantee equal opportunities in the access, training and development of the professional career.
- Promote a neutral remuneration policy that avoids the wage gap.
- Work towards a management of work time that favours the reconciliation of personal, family and work life.
- Prevent and act in situations of harassment in the workplace (such as sexual harassment, on the basis of sex and morality).
Work to have an egalitarian, inclusive and non-sexist communication policy.
In this document you can find the initial diagnosis and the action plan where the measures or actions necessary to correct those aspects that need to be improved or expanded are defined in order to achieve the established objectives.
These are some of the actions carried out during 2019:
07/02/2019 - Internal lecture "Polítiques d' Igualtat a la ciència: reptes i eines" at the expense of Imma Pastor, Director of The URV’s Equality Observatory
11/02/2019 - Dia Internacional de la Dona i la Nena en la Ciència
- Participation in the "Trobades amb científiques de Tarragona" by Dra Marina Mosquera (IPHES), Dra Dolors Comas de Argemir (URV) and Dra Maria Josepa Salvadó (URV) with the objective of making known what her research consists of and what is the problem of women in the research career.
- Interview in the Programa Evoluciona, in Tarragona Ràdio, of five IPHES researchers (Ana Polo, Ethel Allué, Magda Gómez, Isa Cáceres and Marina Lozano), to know the scientific activity of each of them, from her perspective, from her discipline and from her life experience.
You can listen here the Program audio in order to know more about it: https://www.tarragonaradio.cat/contingut/evoluciona_tertulia_amb_cinc_cientifiques_de_liphes/17688